Powered by Blogger.
RSS

A Day In Life - March 10,1988



Thursday
Evening
March 10 1988

Hi! hello! This is another day that seems like a WHAMMO Day! [meaning great in the biorhythm scale] It all has to do with Brendon.

Since Tuesday, I've been watching every move of Brendon because he sometimes looks at me right between the eyes and I think of him once in a while and pretended that it doesn't matter if he has a girlfriend already. [ha! was I desperate then!] And I dreamed  of him on that Tuesday night that I was looking directly at his lips and kissed him. (And it has something to do with today.... sort of) [hahaha, the thoughts of an infatuated teen during the 80s!]

Well, these days are now kind of Iskul Bukol because all we needed was to get our clearances signed for submission of projects, then we will be waiting for exams and then Happy Graduation (bow!) That's the reason why all of us are being rowdy in our classroom lately. During Population Education class, boys were playing jokes/tricks on just any innocent victim like pinning labels on their backs that say "I am not yet circumcised", "I am a playgirl" those kinds. [there were nastier ones that I just don't want to mention here] And I told Amy, my bestfriend/seatmate to watch out that maybe someone would play a nasty joke on me.

True enough, there was one naughty person who tagged me as "I have 7 boyfriends.." and Amy found it out the very minute it was put on my back. We didn't find out who it was, Amy just handed it to me and I read it, was mad but sort of laughing still, as I looked toward the seats of Brendon and company. I caught him looking at me too, and sort of laughing too.

I asked him, "Who put that on my back?"

Brendon: "I didnt see anyone"  then he moved to seat on the chair behind ours..
and said, "Richred... I have something to--"

Me: "Yes, what is it?" (I had the feeling what he was going to say, my heart beat so fast!)

Brendon: "You've met my brother at the JS Prom, the one who was with me that night. Do you know him? He says "Hello" and wants to know how you are"

Me: " Your brother? Really?" (Yes! I knew it! And I couldn't believe Brendon is talking to me now. I stalled for more time)

Brendon: "He's asking me about you. He saw you at the plaza the other night, he says"

Me: "Aha! Really, that is your brother? Ha?" (Aww, if you only knew the truth dear Brendon!) Then I didn't look at him, I felt myself blushing to much to speak. WHAT!!! A conversation with my crush!!!!!! Wow!!!

Brendon: (But he was makulit) "What will I tell him? Is it a YES? He says he wants to see you on our graduation ball."

Me: (Brendon's brod believes in himself too much, aargh my fault!)

Brendon: (Makulit again) "Is it a YES?"

Me: (Hmp, just to stop him "OKAY then!"

Brendon: (he jumped so high and clapped) " Yahoo! Yehey!... hey, he's a handsome guy!" then went out of the room looking so happy. (Dear Diary, why is he super happy?)

That afternoon, during Advanced Algebra subject, he asked a piece of paper from me and I just didn't look up at him but gave him what he needed, because he might make a big thing out of it. After that subject, he kept on passing by our aisle purposely just to say "Kumusta ka raw, uyy, Kumusta raw!" ( wants to know how I am doing) and I would feel annoyed because I almost wanted to cry because it's Brendon I really liked!. Then one time he said something sounding both horrible and sweet to my ears: "You're not Miss Buelchmann [haha my real name]  anymore, you're now Mrs. _______! (their family name)" Oh gosh, our classmates heard him and cheered thinking it was "us". Until dismissal time, he still didn't stop, even when our adviser was talking to me. Brendon cheerfully said, " Richred, I will tell him that you've got a crush on him too! Really!" And I couldn't stop him but smiled, because I was with our adviser. He really is CRAZY!!!

Brian (his name) you are so cute! ...I'm just so happy. But you don't really know me. I should remind myself of who I am.. not to expect to much. [getting insecure there]

love, love, love
Richred

NEXT DIARY ENTRY

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

Recent Visitors

Website Online Counter
Presenting "A Day In Life" my series of texts from my journals that I kept between the ages of 14 and 17. I'll be adding new entries every now and then to share all my thoughts, ideas,events, experiences, memories, ideas I had during the eighties. It is for my continued amusement that I read and reread my old journals, even when there isn't much content, I still gain occasional insight how I'm still in the process of changing to maturity. Most of the names have been changed to protect the people I recently found on Facebook. A few are just partial entries, my bleeping and blinding exclamations have been removed and some entries have been modified to give way to my now correct spelling and grammar. Yet the mix of excitement, melodrama and pleasant memories from the eighties are still much felt :)I hope, as you read my old journal with me, you enjoy the same sentiments.